Company: Syntech Research UK (www.syntechresearch.com)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Field Biologist to join support our UK field trials team based at our headquarters in Pakenham (Suffolk, UK).
• To assist the UK Field Testing Manager (FTM) with the execution and timely delivery of the UK field trials programme.
• To independently plan, execute and report an assigned individual trials program.
• Directly responsible for 30-50 field trials per year (GEP bio efficacy trials; only supporting GLP studies).
• To develop specialist knowledge in a specific subject/technical area and provide guidance and training to other staff in this topic.
• Role will be based at the UK headquarters (Pakenham, Suffolk) but regular travel to off-site trial locations (typically within 2 hours) will be required. Applicant must therefore possess a full driving license and a company vehicle (situated at the UK Headquarters) would be provided.
• Duration: 6-month probation period (review at 5-6 months). Following a successful probationary period, a permanent contract would be offered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops a detailed action plan for their own trials program, executes the trials successfully to meet the customer’s requirements/objectives and reporting deadlines following local official GEP and GLP guidelines (and company Standard Operating Procedures – SOPs).
• Consults with the FTM or Senior Field Biologist to define, agree and understand the technical requirements of the trials allocated to him.
• Plans and liaises with the Site Manager/farmers and suppliers for the correct and timely provision of land/crop, chemicals/seeds and other recourses to ensure the success of the trials.
Reviewed and Approved: February 2022 Page 2 of 2
• Capture, summarize and interpret individual trial data (accurately and consistently) for reporting to customers/Project Managers (PMs)/GAMs as well as providing the required info (via regularly updated trial schedules) to the administration team to keep INSITE up-dated throughout the season.
• Maintain an up to-date technical awareness of agricultural practice and products. Provides training and advice on any specialist area of expertise acquired to other staff/colleagues.
• Ensure that all personal work is conducted to the required legal and company safety standards, and strictly conforms to official GLP and GEP guidelines (as appropriate).
• Supervise, train and motivate assistant(s)/temp staff, so that they execute their jobs safely, accurately and efficiently.
• Is a key contact for customers, both internally and externally and works with the FTM to establish & maintain client relationships to meet their expectations and secure future sales.
• Ideally BSc or equivalent qualification level in Agriculture or Biological/Life Science.
• Ideally at least 3-5 year’s field trial experience (managing an individual trials program following relevant GEP or GLP guidelines).
• NPTC PA1 and PA6 qualifications (Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pesticides) required. PA2 and PA11 desirable but not essential (training and tests will be provided).
• Good written and verbal English skills.
• Good PC skills.
• Good communication, time management and problem-solving skills
• Self-driven with an ability to work effectively alone as well as within a team.
• Proactive and “Can do” attitude.
• Happy to work in an outdoor field environment, sometimes under challenging weather conditions.
• 25 days paid holiday per annum (plus UK bank holidays).
• Pension: Auto-enrolment pension paid through the payroll. Employer and employee contributions are paid by the company in accordance with legislation in force. This commences after an initial 3 month waiting period.
• Possible future opportunities to work with SynTech teams in other countries and regions during winter periods to aid career training and staff development (via a short term sabbatical).
If interested in the role, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please contact Debbie Hills: +44 (0)1359 231732.