Company: Syntech Research SP (www.syntechresearch.com)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Microbiologist to join support our Spanish team based at our headquarters in Picanya, Valencia (Spain).
Reports to: Director – South EMEA
To provide competitive, independent research and product development in: crop production; crop protection; crop nutrition, crop biostimulation and soil management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish the new microbiology laboratory in Picanya headquarters.
- Manage and lead the microbiology laboratory.
- Provide timely and accurate production of analyses and their subsequent reports.
- Ensure that work flow is not interrupted by equipment failures or poorly trained personnel or equipment scheduling.
- Plan and budget annual expenses and capital purchases for the department.
- Ensure overall preparation and analyses of matrices for a host while employing the use of the necessary equipment.
- Participate in the evaluation of the cost of operations, analyses, etc. to facilitate the accurate costing of services to our clientele.
- Ensure that all processes are followed and that all staff remain compliant with Good Laboratory Practices (“GLP”) and Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”).
- Oversee all analytical work done in support of field and ecotoxicology trials performed by SynTech Research or other entities.
Remain updated on technical developments pertinent to the agricultural microbiological industry.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D. with at least two (2) years in microbiology or related field work experience and familiarity is required.
- Work experience with a contract research laboratory is highly desirable.
- A proven history of excellence in client service, management, leadership, lab operations management, and specific required competencies further described in the job position description.
- Experience in laboratory project management, implementation of laboratory procedures, and analytical testing methodologies.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English fluently.
- Required competencies:
- Mission and Values Driven – Clearly understand the mission and values of SynTech Research to ensure all work performance aligns to these mission and values. All employees are expected to promote a “CAN DO” attitude and demonstrate a willingness to work in a professional and collaborative manner. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Integrity, Ethics, and Collaboration – Treat people with respect and individuality; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; and work effectively with others.
- Safety – Put safety first by anticipating and performing actions necessary to avoid hazardous work-related conditions which could result in injury, harm, or loss.
- Communication – Give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; contribute to holding each other accountable and build a positive team spirit. Write clearly and informatively; edit work to high standards of written presentation.
- Adaptability, Flexibility, and Critical Thinking – Effectively manage competing demands and able to change course when new information becomes available. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; and develop alternative solutions.
- Attention to Detail and Timely Follow-up – Demonstrate thoroughness and accuracy in work activities through concern for all areas involved. Plan and prioritize work activities, use time efficiently to meet deadlines and provide timely follow-up for all issues.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Resumes to be sent until April 30th, 2023 to: email@example.com